Anyone aged 16 or above can apply and no experience is required. Working towards or already achieved GCSE grades C or above in Maths and English are required and a knowledge of commonly used computer applications is recommended for the academic elements.
This apprenticeship is equivalent to two A-levels and takes 18-24 months to complete. Following a full 24 month journey, IOSH technical membership will be achieved. View the full specification.
What you will learn
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- contribute effectively, adapting to the audience to present information or training in an assertive, engaging way
- work with others well in a team and lead by example in a collaborative way
- assist in the development, management, implementation and monitoring of the Safety, Health and Environmental Management System by updating systems in line with changes in legislation or best practice
- Assist and/or manage the investigation of accidents, incidents, dangerous occurrences, near misses and other incidents as directed
- plan and have systems in place to manage change during an activity relevant to the working environment.
Whilst any entry requirements will be a matter for individual employers, typically an apprentice might be expected to have achieved or be working towards 5 GCSE's A* - C including English and Maths as well as having knowledge to level 1 equivalent for commonly used office computer applications.
How you will be assessed
Assessment activities will be completed in the following order:
- Assessment of knowledge through an exam using multiple choice and short answer questions.
- Testing of knowledge, skills and behaviours evidenced in a work project with a presentation and a question and answer session.
- Professional discussion based around a portfolio of work to assess overall achievement of the knowledge, skills and behaviours across the standard.
The apprenticeship will typically last 24 months.
Apprentices without level 2 English and Maths and level 1 equivalent ICT will need to achieve this level prior to taking the end-point assessment.
Link to Professional Registration
This apprenticeship is equivalent to two A-levels and takes 18-24 months to complete. Following a full 24 month journey, IOSH technical membership will be achieved.
This apprenticeship will be level 3.