Work for us
Help us make all workplaces safer and healthier
Our vision is a safe and healthy world of work. We need a diverse and innovative workforce to help us achieve it. Our employees make a positive impact all over the world by improving the health and safety of workplaces.
Working at IOSH
We employ around 200 people. Our head office is just south of Leicester city centre. It’s tucked away in its own grounds surrounded by lawns and trees but still close to shops and places to eat.
We live and breathe our values and we welcome talented individuals who are passionate and share our ethos.
Our employee engagement score has remained over 88% for two years running. We actively listen to colleagues' feedback, value their contributions and take action where necessary. Find out more about working life at IOSH:
We embrace smarter working, which allows colleagues to agree when and where they work – our office, home or a mix of the two. Wherever you are based, we’ll provide you with up-to-date IT equipment to keep you connected and establish a work-life balance that’s right for you.
- Performance-related pay – opportunity to increase your pay annually based on performance in role.
- Discretionary bonus scheme – annual bonus, based upon your performance, subject to IOSH achieving its financial targets.
- Annual leave – 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays, increasing after three years of service.
- Life assurance – four times your salary if you die while employed at IOSH.
- Employee assistance programme – confidential EAP support service that you and your family members can access 24 hours a day.
- Pension scheme – 5 per cent employer contribution when you contribute a minimum of 3 per cent through salary sacrifice.
- Private healthcare – private medical scheme at IOSH’s expense. Partners and dependants may be covered for an additional cost.
- Cash plan – supports you to claim healthcare, dental and other costs.
- Holiday trading scheme – buy up to five days and sell up to three days annual leave.
- Professional memberships – IOSH will pay for membership of a relevant professional organisation if it is a requirement for your role.
- Car lease scheme – the option of leasing a new vehicle through salary sacrifice.
- Salary extras – platform with discounts on lifestyle benefits.
- New starter support – £150 home office equipment payment (plus all IT equipment).
- Free parking – on-site at our head office near Wigston town centre.
Equality and diversity
We can only achieve a safer world of work for all by welcoming people from different backgrounds into the profession. We’re working hard to make IOSH an inclusive environment where we treat everyone fairly regardless of age, gender, religion, disability, sexual orientation, ethnicity, family circumstances or anything else
We value and celebrate difference, encouraging applications from all individuals to bring new perspectives, ideas and knowledge.
You can view the IOSH gender pay gap reports at GOV.UK and download our equality, diversion and inclusion policy below.
Join our award-winning team
We offer a range of positions from apprenticeships and entry-level positions to senior appointments. You can find our current roles on the Workable website.