Safety, health and environment (SHE) technician apprenticeship
The Level 3 Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) Technician apprenticeship (delivered in England) allows you to get experience of working in safety and health, as well as a level 3 qualification. You will also be eligible for student membership
- Anyone aged 16 or above can apply and you do not need any work experience.
- Each employer offering this apprenticeship sets their own entry requirements.
- You’ll need at least GCSE grade C in Maths and English. Most employers will ask for five GCSEs at grade C or above. You can be working towards these when you apply.
- Being able to use a computer is also recommended.
What you will learn
By the end of the apprenticeship you’ll be able to:
- present information or training in an assertive, engaging way
- work in a team and lead by example within a team
- assist in the development, management, implementation and monitoring of SHE management systems
- assist and manage the investigation of accidents, incidents, dangerous occurrences, near misses and other incidents
- plan and put systems in place to manage change during an activity relevant to the working environment.
You’ll take assessments during the apprenticeship in this order.
- Exam using multiple-choice questions.
- Work project with a presentation and question-and-answer session.
- Professional discussion based on a portfolio of work.