Following training, delegates will have a good working knowledge of the theory and practice of carrying out assessment techniques and control strategies, arising from the use of substances in their workplace, as required by the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations.
On completion, delegates will have sufficient basic knowledge of the practice and theory of CoSHH Management to enable them to:
- Understand the supply requirements for Substances that are Hazardous to Health
- Carry out CoSHH assessments
- Select and implement effective risk reduction strategies
- Plan Local Exhaust Ventilation testing programmes
- Integrate Health Surveillance programmes within the assessment system
- Outline programmes for exposure monitoring
- Recognise when referral to a specialist may be required
What's in it for you?
All IOSH CPD courses will count toward CPD compliance. Reflective statement forms are provided in order for key messages and learnings to be documented and recorded.
Who should attend?
Suitable for anyone with responsibility for introducing and managing an effective CoSHH compliance system that reflects both the current changes and requirements for the subject as well as providing a robust system for reducing Occupational Health Risks.
Those interested in CPD aimed at Core Skills.
What you need to know
Pre-requisites – None
Book onto this course to upskill in Risk Management and Health and Safety Law, two areas from our competency framework.
- Monday 11 - Tuesday 12 December 2023
- Tuesday 13 - Wednesday 14 February 2024
All the courses will be taking place at:
Holiday Inn Express Derby - Pride Park, an IHG Hotel
Wheelwright Way, Derby DE24 8HX
- £415 for members (excluding VAT)
- £465 for non-members (excluding VAT)