The course will provide participants with the knowledge and understanding to improve their modern slavery statement. This will include an overview of the legal requirements contained in the Modern Slavery Act (MSA) and UK guidance on modern slavery reporting; an insight into how to improve the steps being taken to combat the risk of modern slavery in your own operations and your supply chain; an understanding of industry benchmarking; the consequences of failing to report properly under the MSA; and the impact that the coronavirus pandemic has had on reporting requirements.
- Understand how to improve your current / next Modern Slavery Statement (MSA)
- Understand the legal requirements of the MSA and UK guidance on Modern Slavery reporting
- Understand how to improve and report the steps being taken to combat the risk of modern slavery in your organisation and your supply chains
- Understand how to address reporting on risk and due diligence operations within your organisation
- Describe the industry benchmarking of modern slavery standards
- Explain how COVID-19 has impacted reporting requirements for MSA statements and how you can address this
What's in it for you?
All IOSH CPD courses will count toward CPD compliance. Reflective statement forms are provided for key messages and learnings to be documented and recorded.
Who should attend?
- Those interested in CPD aimed at Core Skills
- Legal and procurement professionals
- C-suite and directors
- Academics and students
- Sustainability and ethical managers
- Governance managers
- Procurement and HR professionals
- ESG committees and executive boards
- Tuesday 11th October 2022 – 9:30am-12:30pm
- £445.50 for members (excluding VAT)
- £495.00 for non-members (excluding VAT)