What you need to know and do under the New Regime
The Building Safety Act and Fire Safety Act bring significant changes to management of building safety, during design, construction and during occupation, both Acts are coming into full force during 2023. This course, delivered by those closely involved in their evolution since 2018, will explain the intricacies of the Building Safety Act, and how this works with the Fire Safety Act, and all associated secondary legislation to deliver the New Regime. The Golden Thread, Safety Cases, building risk assessment and Principal Accountable Persons are all new to the sector, this course will provide very well informed practical, and proportionate, advice to duty holders, and those who will be supporting them.
- Applying skills knowledge experience and behaviours while working in design construction and/or management of building safety in occupied residential buildings
- Identify the reach and implications of the new regime and the fundamental legal requirements of Dutyholders
- Understand the requirements for competence set-out in the Building and Fire Safety Acts
- Recognise changes to Building Regulations, including new responsibilities relating to specific duty holding roles
- Explain the concept of the Golden Thread and the necessity of effective Safety Management Systems
- Undertake a Building Risk Assessment based on HAZID and BOW TIE processes
- Identify the requirements for information from both Acts, and the prescribed information and prescribed format of all documentation associated with the Acts (Golden Thread etc)
What’s in it for you?
- A clear understanding of the scope, reach and detailed requirements of the New Legislation
- A clear understanding of the competence required to deliver roles associated with building safety (PASs 8671, 8672 and 8673)
- Practical guidance to meeting statutory and contract obligations, proportionately.
- All IOSH CPD courses will count toward CPD compliance. Reflective statement forms are provided for key messages and learnings to be documented and recorded.
Who should attend?
- The Acts generally relate to England and Wales, but similarities in new legislation affect Scotland.
- Building Owners
- Managing Agents
- Facilities Managers
- Managers of Buildings
- Contractors providing services to residential buildings
What you need to know
Course Duration – (Days) one day
Course start and end time - 09.00 – 17.30
No course prerequisites
- Wednesday 06 December 2023
£250 for members (excluding VAT)
£300 for non-members (excluding VAT)