Vice-President elections now open
This year, we’re looking for two members to join the existing team of Vice-Presidents (VP) and to represent IOSH from the Annual General Meeting (AGM) 2022, to the AGM in 2025. As a member of the Presidential team your role will be ambassadorial, representing IOSH globally. You will have the opportunity of representing IOSH at various events to our members across our network, at branch and group events, speaking at conferences, participating in podcasts, webinars, interviews, and more. As we grow and become a more global institution these opportunities become more global.
As a member of the Presidential team you will work closely with the Institution in an ambassadorial capacity, supporting the delivery of key strategic messages to the membership and globally to the wider occupational safety and health profession.
Alan Stevens, Head of Strategic Engagement at IOSH, said:
“Becoming an IOSH Vice-President means you can give something back to your professional body. You can play a key role in supporting our vision of a safe and healthy world of work. And if you’re considering standing as President one day, it will give you a chance to get first-hand experience of what the role involves.”
Working with us as a VP offers you some valuable benefits and will allow you to...
Who can apply?
To apply for a VP role you must be a paid-up member of the Institution, have up-to-date CPD and be one of the following:
- Chartered Member who is a member of IOSH Council
- Chartered Member who is a member of a Network (Branch or Group) Committee
- Chartered Member who is a member of a Standing or Nominations Committee, Sub-Committee or Working Party
- Chartered Fellow.
If you meet the eligibility criteria, you can express your interest to stand for election as a Vice-President by completing this form.
To help you decide if this role is for you, our President Elect Lawrence Webb is hosting three virtual ‘Ask me anything’ sessions. He is happy to answer any and every question you have about governance at IOSH and what it’s really like to be a Vice-President.
Choose from the dates below.
- The application period will open on 6 June, and close at 17:00 BST on 27 June.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend an interview (via video conference) between Wednesday 20 July and Monday 22 August 2022 . If successful at interview you will then be asked to attend the Council meeting on 12 or 13 October 2022 for a final presentation and nomination by Council.
- Your application will only be deemed valid if received by the specified deadline, you fulfil the eligibility criteria and you, your proposer and your seconder are a paid-up member of the Institution with up to date Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
- Candidates are reminded that no additional literature designed to enhance their prospect of election is to be circulated to members of the Institution.
- Candidates should not communicate with voting Council members unless invited, by the member to do so.
- Applicants should be available for interview between Wednesday 20 July and Monday 22 August 2022, and available to give a presentation at the Council meeting on the 12 or 13 October 2022.
- Council members are able to ask questions of the candidates following their presentation.