The business at a Branch Annual General meeting shall be to:
- confirm the outcome of the election of branch, district and section Executive committee members
- confirm District and Section representatives to the branch Executive Committee as appropriate
- receive annual reports of the relevant chairpersons (branch, district and section)
- confirm relevant Regulations as the branch, district or section constitution and rules as applicable; and
- to transact any other appropriate business.
Branch AGM's are usually held between March and May and should be no later than two months into the financial year.
Planning is an important part of the AGM process. As all newly elected committee members are confirmed at the AGM, the nominations and election process, administered electronically by the Institution, should be concluded before the branch AGM takes place. A nominations, elections and AGM timeline has been produced to help committees know when to begin the planning process.
For full details on the requirements of the AGM please refer to Regulation 15, as required by the IOSH byelaws.