After a highly successful launch year, What Else Events will be bringing back two regional trade shows in 2023 to reconnect you with market leading safety providers and to deliver inspiring educational programs at the highest quality and most accessible venues on your doorstep in the North and South of England.
When and where?
Date: 23-24 January 2024
Time: 9:30am-4pm / 9:30am-3:30pm
Venue: Manchester Central Convention Complex M2 3GX
Located in the heart of the City, Manchester Central is a world-class events venue within easy reach for thousands of OSH professionals travelling from anywhere across the North of England.
Choose unrivalled public transport connections or drive with discounted car parking and an endless choice of accommodation, hospitality and entertainment awaits you within one minute of the venue.
Discover all the networking, CPD and procurement solutions you need, delivered free of charge in a relaxed and enjoyable environment.
Top up your CPD at one of our sessions
- 11:00-11:30 – Keynote theatre: Enhancing worker safety and productivity: Insights from Samworth Brothers Supply Chain - As the recipient of the IOSH Food and Drink Industry Group Safety Award, Samworth Brothers Supply Chain will share their experience of implementing health and safety modifications to minimise the incidents of MSD. They will provide valuable insights into their approach and application of effective OSH management systems that resulted in a reduction of MSD incidents, increased productivity, and significant financial savings.
- 13:30-14:00 – Identifying the responsible person - Richard Bate, IOSH Vice President
- 11:00-11:45 – Keynote theatre: Harnessing neurodivergent traits that bring out the best in people - This session introduces Sharon Booth and Gary Monaghan, of Worcestershire County Council. As Gary's manager, Sharon has supported Gary with his neurodivergence, creating what she has dubbed the 'reasonable adjustment passport', adopting new ways of working to help him thrive. Stuart Hughes, IOSH President -Elect, will talk with Gary and Sharon and hear their story of the support Gary received, and the journey they have taken together to get the best out of each other.
- 14:00-14:30 – Wellbeing Hub: The power of prevention: building a holistic system of management for mental health in the workplace – Duncan Spencer, Head of Advice and Practice, IOSH, Chris Davis, Thought Leadership Manager, IOSH and Louis Simo, Health, Safety and Wellbeing Manager, Mace Group
Drop by the IOSH stand for advice and support, the team will be on hand to:
- support and advise members on Blueprint, CPD and IPD
- discuss our awareness courses and how to become an IOSH training provider
- explore how IOSH for Business can help you to accelerate your OSH strategy.
- Non-members can visit to find out about the benefits of IOSH membership and how it can support your career and professional development.
Book your place
SHW Live is brought to you by the team at What Else Events with over 20 years’ experience in delivering the highest quality exhibitions and conferences for Safety & Health professionals. What Else Events is also supported in delivering SHW Live by an experienced Advisory Council including 20 of the UK’s most influential voices in occupational safety & health.
View the full programme of sessions and seminars on the Safety, Health & Wellbeing Live website.