Hazardous Industries Group
The IOSH Hazardous Industries Group represents nearly 5,200 members working to maintain low-risk conditions in situations where major hazards are part of the daily routine.
We work in a range of sectors, including:
- Petrochemical sector
- Onshore oil & gas
- Energy production and distribution
- Explosive industries
- Bulk chemical storage
- Pharmaceuticals and other fine chemical production
Our current work includes:
- Delivering a series of events which are highly relevant to contemporary industry challenges.
- Producing webinars which can be accessible to members globally.
- Signposting members to published guidance.
- Encourage student members to gain more practical experience in high-hazard industries.
- Responding to key consultation initiatives.
We welcome input from our members. If you have any feedback or suggestions, please get in touch.
To join the group, please email the Customer Service team, quoting your membership number, and they will be able to add or change your group.
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter or LinkedIn for group event and news updates.
Click here to get in contact with the Relationship Manager
Introducing Activate 2028
IOSH’s five-year strategy is all about action – and the whole occupational safety and health profession coming together to create better working lives. It’s about building on what we’ve achieved so far and progressing, supporting and celebrating our profession. Read more about Activate 2028 and how it will impact you, our extraordinary members.
Disclaimer: The information and opinions expressed on this webpage are those of the author and not necessarily those of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH).