Isle of Man Branch
Contact the Branch Membership queries
The branch was founded in February 2003, originally as a district of the Merseyside Branch. In 2006, it became an international branch of IOSH in its own right.
The growth of membership and well attended branch events underscore the excellent work put in by hardworking branch executive committee members, who function as an effective team. Our achievements so far, including our involvement as a voluntary sector champion of the Isle of Man's Freedom to Flourish initiative, bode well for the future success of the branch and its contribution to the health, safety and welfare of the Island's community.
We hope you find these pages useful and informative, and look forward to adding more content as the branch continues to grow.
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter for branch event and news updates.
Introducing Activate 2028
IOSH’s five-year strategy is all about action – and the whole occupational safety and health profession coming together to create better working lives. It’s about building on what we’ve achieved so far and progressing, supporting and celebrating our profession. Read more about Activate 2028 and how it will impact you, our extraordinary members.
Strategy work and achievements so far
Vision and mission: "To contribute to making the Isle of Man a successful, vibrant place where it is safe and healthy to work, live and visit"
IOM Branch Executive is looking to contribute to delivering this vision through promoting good health, safety and welfare practice on the Isle of Man, focusing on:
- our primary aim which will always be providing a quality service to our members
- supporting, developing and mentoring individuals and organisations to continuously improve
- championing and promoting pragmatic risk management, based on professional advice and in the Island's context
- liaising with other Island bodies and professional institutes to promote joint working and raise awareness of the work of IOSH locally and internationally
As a leading international health and safety body, IOSH is working to:
- enhance the occupational safety and health profession
- collaborate to build strategic partnerships
- influence and strengthen impact globally
Find out more about IOSH's five year strategy, WORK 2022 shaping the future of safety and health.
Disclaimer: The information and opinions expressed on this webpage are those of the author and not necessarily those of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH).