Rural Industries Section
Contact the section Membership queries
The IOSH Ireland Rural industries Section was established in April 2011 and encompasses agriculture, horticulture, forestry, fisheries, conservation, equine activities, rural estate management and other businesses that stem from rural Ireland.
Our mission is to be a leader in the community by promoting safety, health and welfare among all those involved in rural industry. We are committed to reducing injury and fatalities in the workplace. By supporting and educating people of the hazards associated with rural industries we wish to have a positive impact on their wellbeing.
Our aims are to:
- promote health and safety to those professionals and families involved in Irish rural industry
- increase awareness of hazards and their identification, risk assessment and control which impact upon people involved in rural industries.
Our objectives are to:
- provide health & safety information and support to all interested parties
- run educational events and information seminars frequently to raise awareness of specific industry hazards and their control
- develop the rural industries group in Ireland so that it becomes a key source of information for safety professionals
- influence policy makers and legislators where it affects safety in rural industry
- collaborate with other organisations seeking to improve safety standards in rural industry.
Disclaimer: The information and opinions expressed on this webpage are those of the author and not necessarily those of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH).