10 November 2021
Ergonomics and best practice around ‘Hybrid Working’
This CPD event covered from the legal requirements for staff Working remotely and returning to the office to information on best practice for the home office user and what to expect when returning to the office.
In addition, the speaker clarified many of the mixed messages some employees have been receiving on social media and the press at this time.
Check the slides below for more details on the topics discussed by Criona Turley (CEO Capella Ireland).
22 September 2021
Conflict Resolution; an award-winning risk-based approach
The IOSH Ireland Branch together with The Western & North-western Districts, Rural Industries, and FRM Sections held a very successful webinar on Conflict Resolution.
The speakers provided an overview of the conflict management training program developed by ICSE training and Inland Fisheries Ireland (IFI) in 2019.
They have covered from the risk-based approach taken to build the program to results obtained and future planning.
Check the slides below for more details on the training program, which won the Best Consultancy Partnership Award at the Irish Institute of Training and Development National awards.
Speakers: Michael Cusack, CMIOSH; and Tony O'Brien, ICSE Training
10 May 2019
Farm & farmer safety – Kildalton College, Kilkenny
The Ireland Branch, Ireland South Branch and Rural Industries Section held a very successful workshop on farm and farmer safety, in conjunction with Teagasc. It covered areas from farmer’s health to livestock handling, tractor & quad bike safety, farm machinery legislation and pesticide usage.
Take a look at some of the photos taken at the event.
24 October 2018
Visit to Lough Key Forest and Activity Park
The Ireland Branch held a very successful seminar and site visit to Lough Key Forest and Activity Park recently. The focus was on safety in the leisure industry and how to deal with public in such environments.
Take a look at some photos.
06 September 2018
IOSH Ireland conference
Presentations from the day:
- How to build resilience in the workplace – Shane Martin
- Update on Healthy Workplace framework – Biddy O’Neill
- Trends and determinants of work -related musculoskeletal disorders in Ireland – Bertrand Maitre
- EU-OSHA 2018-2019 campaign: Healthy Workplaces Manage Dangerous Substances – Brenda O’Brien
- Health and Safety Authority Strategy 2019-2021 – Peter Claffey
13 May 2018
Presentations on Driving for Work
22 March 2017
Integrating human factors into safety management
Presentations from the day:
- Accident investigation - how cases and claims are won and lost - Caroline Conroy
- Assertiveness skills for the safety professional - Chris OByrne
- Understanding IOSH, and the benefits of membership - Liam Howe
- IOSH CPD and IPD overview - Tracey Steans
- Keynote - Session 1: Introducing human factors into your safety management strategy - Declan Monahan
- Creating multi-level ownership of safety - Chris Moon
- Keynote - Session 2: Embedding human factors into your safety decision-making - Declan Monahan
- Presentation by Jimmy O'Dowd (unavailable)
- Your five-a-day for successful lift planning) - Sam Evans