Welcome from the Chair
Being the Chair of IOSH Hong Kong branch (2023/2024), I would like to take this opportunity to thank the outgoing Chair, Ms. Sarah Emma Davidson and EC members, for all your excellent work over past years.
Also, welcome to our incoming EC members! Thank you for your passion and dedication in joining the IOSH Hong Kong Executive Committee. Your insight, experience and professional background can help to support the branch to promote OSH activities for our members.
Continuing professional development (CPD) is one of key elements to enhance our members’ knowledge and to sustain professional qualifications as required by IOSH HQ and the Labour Department of HKSAR.
We will continue to promote OSH activities which more focus in the following areas:
- To organise face to face and virtual events and site visits for our members. Continue to issue CPD certificates electronically to participants, in order to support environmental sustainability.
- With the launch of IOSH Blueprint for CPD, we will contribute to training sessions to support our members with knowledge and skills for the Blueprint application.
- To collaborate with the local government, APOSHO, IOSH UK and Singapore, and Mainland China. Their OSH best practices and experiences would be shared with our members.
- To further promote Value and Culture of Safety, Safety Behaviour at Work, Safe System of Work and Permit-to-Work System to our members in industrial sectors and non-industrial sectors.
The Executive Committee for 2023/2024 is ready to serve you! Please get in touch with our EC members, if you have any idea in promoting OSH at work and or contribute your articles for sharing with our members.
Thank you very much!
Dr. LI Chi-moon
IOSH Hong Kong Branch Chair (2023/2024)
Contact the Hong Kong Branch:
Branch correspondence, to Mr Raymond Man:
P. O. Box 84480
Hung Hom Bay Post Office
Telephone: (852) 9025 6767
Fax: (852) 2773 0550
Hong Kong member benefits
There are many benefits for IOSH Hong Kong Branch members. You can enjoy the following discounts by presenting your IOSH membership card in Hong Kong:
- 10% discount at Hong Kong Book Centre Ltd
- 10% discount at Kelly & Walsh Ltd
To find out more about these benefits, and any restrictions that apply to, please download this document.
Safety Training Certificate
The branch has successfully been authorised by the Labour Department to issue Mandatory Basic Safety Training Certificates (Green Cards) to our eligible members under Section 6BA(4) of the Factories and Industrial Undertakings Ordinance.
Chartered Fellows, Chartered, Graduate and Technical Members can apply for the Green Card free of charge provided that they have undertaken no less than 5 hours of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) programmes in the immediate past 12 months. They also need to have updated their relevant knowledge through CPD programmes from time to time.
Members who wish to apply for the Green Cards should submit a completed application form (Word File) / application form (PDF) , and send it together with one copy of a valid CPD certificate(s) with a recent photograph to the Hong Kong Branch Administrative Officer, Mr Raymond MAN via email.
Introducing Activate 2028
IOSH’s five-year strategy is all about action – and the whole occupational safety and health profession coming together to create better working lives. It’s about building on what we’ve achieved so far and progressing, supporting and celebrating our profession. Read more about Activate 2028 and how it will impact you, our extraordinary members.
Disclaimer: The information and opinions expressed on this webpage are those of the author at the time of writing and not necessarily those of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH).