Contact the branch Membership queries
Chair's Letter 2021
As Chair of the Chiltern branch and on behalf of the committee, I would like to say thanks to existing members and a special welcome to new and future members.
The IOSH Chiltern Branch is a local #Herts #Beds #Bucks #IOSH hub created to support anyone involved in creating safe, healthy, sustainable places to work and visit. Being a member of the branch is a great way to meet fellow practitioners in a wide range of roles, influence IOSH and the branch, attend branch events (which can count towards your CPD), share concerns about health, safety and the environment and continually enhance your professional development.
We provide members, visitors and guests with opportunities to improve or fine tune their skills and knowledge on a range of topical issues in health & safety and other associated subjects of interest.
For 2021, we will continue to hold virtual meetings at least once a month, in line with IOSH guidance, with the aim to move to a hybrid format of virtual and in person events in early 2022.
The branch committee is made up of enthusiastic volunteers working hard to benefit our members and we have several goals for what we would like to achieve in this new term. If you would like to contribute to the activities, do let us know as there are always opportunities for people who like to get things done.
Look out for our emails via the Chiltern mailer and follow us on Twitter @IOSH_Chiltern and Linkedin for branch event and news updates. You can also get in touch directly via the email email@example.com.
We welcome new members from anywhere in the world to be part of our virtual community.
We look forward to seeing you.
Melissa Mark-Joyce CMIOSH, Chair 2021
Introducing Activate 2028
IOSH’s five-year strategy is all about action – and the whole occupational safety and health profession coming together to create better working lives. It’s about building on what we’ve achieved so far and progressing, supporting and celebrating our profession. Read more about Activate 2028 and how it will impact you, our extraordinary members.
Strategy work and achievements so far
IOSH Chiltern Branch Strategy 2019/20
Our strategy is aligned with IOSH Work 2022. We have the following aims and objectives for the coming season:
Enhance our profession by
- Offering general topics members request
- Providing IPD clinics over lunch
- Using sessions to encourage problem-solving by mixing experience and utilising the skills in the room
- Promoting non-technical skills so we apply our message in an enabling and positive manner
- We will encourage links between strategic partners
- Welcome our regulating partners
- Liaise with other IOSH groups and branches
- Reach out to local business
- Promote active networking
- Grow the branch by providing a great experience
- Be outward-looking
- We will use social media platforms to reach out to colleagues throughout the UK and globally
- Expand our twitter and LinkedIn following
- Be a local voice on OSH for the community we serve
- Support global or visiting members
Disclaimer: The information and opinions expressed on this webpage are those of the author and not necessarily those of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH).