"To be the premier advocate of health and safety at work in the Caribbean"
As the regional body of IOSH our mission is to:
- be the definitive voice of health and safety at work and provide consultation on health and safety issues
- support Caribbean institutions in achieving IOSH accreditation for their respective health and safety programs
- advance high standards for the health and safety practitioner
- champion pragmatic risk management based on professional advice
- be a resource for health and safety competency development
- support our members to be advocates of health and safety in our communities.
The aims of the IOSH Caribbean Branch are to:
- promote and support the aims and objectives of IOSH
- encourage continuous health and safety improvement in the Caribbean by providing access to guidance from suitably qualified, experienced and competent safety practitioners
- promote the health and safety of people at work as a moral obligation
- develop relationships with government and non-government organizations in the Caribbean, who share a common interest in the provision of safe work
- promote awareness of global topical health, safety and environmental issues.
In pursuance of its mission and aims, the IOSH Caribbean Branch objectives are to:
- develop mechanisms that will allow discussion and shared learning on varied and topical HSE issues among health and safety practitioners in the Caribbean
- create opportunities for members to pursue Continual Professional Development
- provide and maintain effective means of communication that will allow members in other Caribbean islands to participate in branch activities in real time
- be recognised as a competent and interested stakeholder for consultation in the development of health and safety legislation in the Caribbean.
Disclaimer: The information and opinions expressed on this webpage are those of the author at the time of writing and not necessarily those of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH).