Showcase your knowledge and achievements
IOSH membership is recognised worldwide as the benchmark for professional safety and health excellence
With seven membership categories, you can choose the route to membership that’s right for you to suit your career progression. No matter what route you take, you’ll demonstrate to employers and colleagues that you’re committed to achieving the highest levels of knowledge and skill in the field.
You’ll either join IOSH as an Affiliate Member or Student Member, meaning that you’ll have immediate access to all of our membership benefits. Your experience, qualifications and aspirations will determine which journey you take through the membership categories.
Join IOSH as a...
And progress through the categories...
Resources on offer to help you upskill and progress through the membership categories
We have a variety of accredited programmes/qualifications on offer at various institutions to help you progress through our membership categories, one qualification being our Level 3 Certificate in Safety and Health for Business which provides a direct route to Technical Membership.
Professional development is key to your development and growth and will support your progression through the categories. We offer an array of resources and guidance to help you upskill, which can all be logged on your Continued Professional Development (CPD) record:
- The IOSH Magazine will provide you with a range of articles, opinion pieces and news updates on industry best practice and regulatory changes.
- The IOSH Career Hub is packed with interactive tools and resources that focus on both business and softer skills to help you get ahead of the competition and secure your next job.
- IOSH Mentoring provides you with the opportunity to join a safe, secure platform to connect and build relationships. Join as a mentee to learn from an experienced OSH professional or join as a mentor to support someone new to the profession.
- Our CPD courses are a fantastic way to keep your knowledge up to scratch, plus you'll receive discounted prices as an IOSH member.
- Our webinars, run by IOSH or our Branch and Group volunteers, cover a wide range of OSH topics and give you the chance to network and ask questions.
- Free technical guides are also available to help you upskill in many areas of health and safety.
Want to verify an employees membership certificate? You can do this easily online! Go to membership checker.