The IOSH Benevolent Fund exists to provide financial help to current and former members of IOSH and their dependents, and former employees of IOSH suffering extended ill health, disability, or hardship during a prolonged period of unemployment. It is reliant on donations and investment income in order to be able to continue providing help. If you would like to donate to the Fund we would be very grateful.
We welcome donations from anyone.
- You can make a one-off donation via the Charities Aid Foundation (CAF) using the online form below or email email@example.com to request a donation form.
- Donate every time you shop with Amazon. Simply go to smile.amazon.co.uk and select Institution of Occupational Safety and Health Benevolent Fund as your favourite charity. Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible purchases to the Fund.
- We accept donations in lieu of funeral flowers. If this is something you would like to arrange please email firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of the team will get in touch.
- If you would like to make a regular donation to the Fund please email email@example.com to request a Direct Debit form.
- You will be offered the option to donate to the Fund once a year alongside renewal of your IOSH membership subscription.
Here are some reasons why we think you should consider donating to the Fund.
- Helping other occupational safety and health professionals makes you feel good.
- Giving to charity strengthens personal values. Giving to the IBF shows your support for the values the charity upholds and those of IOSH.
- If you are a UK taxpayer you can make even more impact by boosting your donation with Gift Aid. This will give the IBF an extra 25p for every £1 you donate at no extra cost to you.
- Donating allows the Fund to continue to provide support when it is most needed.
The IOSH Benevolent Fund exists to provide financial help to current and former members of IOSH and their dependents, and former employees of IOSH suffering extended ill health, disability, or hardship during a prolonged period of unemployment. Further details of what funds can and can’t be used for can be found here.
“I needed to pay my rent and did not have the full amount. COVID-19 had negatively affected my finances and as such, I had no option but seek some financial assistance from the IOSH Benevolent Fund. I felt that not being a UK citizen would hamper my chances of getting support from the fund and was surprised when I was given £500! It came at the right time and was judiciously utilised to augment my rent. The fund was a timely succour at a dire moment.”
“I had been a member for some years and another member, who is a friend, suggested contacting the IOSH Benevolent Fund. The financial support provided was a huge help at a very distressing time. Your generous support paid for all of the replacement windows and doors needed after a house fire. I was overwhelmed by your support at such a sole destroying time in my life. It enabled me to secure my home and protect it from the weather which was a huge relief.”
“My husband passed away and due to the pandemic, which hit myself and family very hard, I could not afford to pay for his funeral. My husband had been a member of IOSH for many years, but I was unaware that there was a benevolent fund until I started searching for help. The support that The Fund gave me from start to finish was fantastic. I cried when the email came through to say that The Fund could help. I had so many things to sort out and was unsure how I was going to manage to pay for everything. I felt so grateful that the Fund could help. It made the world of difference.”
Click here to read more success stories.
The IOSH Benevolent Fund is administered by IOSH’s Governance Advisors. If you have any queries regarding the Fund please email firstname.lastname@example.org and they will get in touch.