Beyond compliance, influencing a socially sustainable world of work
While most businesses understand that people are integral to their success, not so many actively nurture their people – their human capital – in an informed and systematic way.
The Covid-19 pandemic has proved a wake-up call. It’s become clear that occupational safety and health (OSH) is not just a nice-to-have: it’s a key element of business management.
By leading the way to ensure workers are not only safe and healthy but also feel contented and fulfilled, organisations will gain a reputation as a good employer, attracting talent and loyalty.
This course aims to raise awareness of the value of human capital and show how strong OSH leadership can contribute to a positive workforce culture and a sustainable business.
- Who this course is for
- Main benefits
- Learning outcomes
- Register your interest
- Further information
- Contact us
Who this course is for
This course is designed for business’ top decision-makers, whatever their sector and on a global scale. It’s for those board members, directors and leaders looking to gain competitive advantage from long-term business sustainability, those that know they must give full focus to their people if they’re to achieve this.
IOSH Leading Sustainably demonstrates the full value of human capital. It shows how OSH links to the broader sustainability agenda and identifies how OSH can help build and maintain a more sustainable business.
- Immediate payback: business leaders will return from the training motivated and inspired, ready to lead the way in applying social sustainability principles.
- Longer-term gain: business leaders will come to understand the full meaning of social sustainability and why it’s so important to their business, how it fits into their business strategy and how they as leaders can further improve it.
- Organisations will achieve the success that comes from their leaders developing such a clear commitment to social sustainability through memorable and thought-provoking discussions and activities.
- You will receive globally recognised, respected and certificated training that’s designed and quality-controlled by IOSH, the Chartered body for safety and health professionals.
- You will be inspired – this course provides a winning insight into human capital and the relationship between OSH leadership and social sustainability.
Leading Sustainably is a 3.5 hours course delivered only by IOSH’s network of approved training providers. The course covers:
- the meaning and power of sustainability, human capital and the three inter-dependencies
- what sustainability brings to the success of your business
- how sustainability can help transform your business
- how OSH supports social sustainability
- how OSH is key to worker wellbeing and engagement – and why this is so important
- the importance of inspirational leadership to business positive OSH.
The course takes the form of three sessions and an action plan:
Session one – OSH and sustainability
- What does sustainability mean?
- How OSH can contribute to building a socially sustainable business
- The importance of OSH and social sustainability to investors, consumers and businesses
Session two – valuing your employees. Preparing the workforce of the future
- Culture and sustainability
- Workplace culture maturity model as an OSH tool
- Valuing people and employee wellbeing
- Changing expectations of a workforce
- Gathering information
Session three – social sustainability in action
- Case studies
- Action plans
- A full understanding of the power of sustainability and what it means to your business.
- A clear idea of how OSH fits into social sustainability and why it’s key to keeping good people.
- An evaluation of your organisation’s current position on OSH.
- A powerful insight into why OSH is so vital to better wellbeing and engagement of staff.
- A full appreciation of the role of leadership in OSH.
- A firm grasp of how to bring the full benefits of social sustainability to your organisation.
Register your interest
Please use our online form to register your interest in taking the Leading Sustainably training course.
Register your interest – online form
If you want to become a registered IOSH training provider for this course, visit our deliver IOSH courses page for more information and a step-by-step guide.
Leading Sustainably course brochure
Leading Sustainably course fact sheet
Phone: +44 (0) 116 257 3605