Fire Safety Awareness
Available as an online course
Awareness is the key to prevention.
Everyone at work has a duty to prevent fires. A fire safety culture is based on a shared set of positive attitudes, knowledge, perceptions and beliefs about fire prevention and fire protection.
In four hours, this course helps provide a basis for developing a culture of fire safety and prevention among the workforce.
Who the course is for
Anyone in a non-managerial role, in any industry and in any country.
Why it works
- Minimal disruption to the working day - the course takes only half a day
- Designed for anyone, in any sector, worldwide
- Provides the knowledge and tools required to identify roles and responsibilities in a fire emergency
- High-impact programme
- Efficient and effective learning - fire safety basics are covered in a single, self-contained session
What to expect
- Practice-based, jargon-free content
- Fire Safety Awareness course workbook
- Modules backed by clear examples and recognisable scenarios
- Summaries to reinforce key points
- Checklists and other materials that you can take back to the workplace to deal with fire safety issues
- Memorable, thought-provoking facts and case studies from across the globe
- Successful delegates are awarded an IOSH Fire Safety Awareness certificate
- View a sample of the delegate workbook
Top 5 business benefits
Fire Safety Awareness will help your organisation:
- Minimise fire risk in the workplace
- Improve your fire safety culture
- Develop staff roles in case of a fire emergency
- Achieve an internationally recognised and respected certification for staff
- Enhance its reputation within the supply chain.
Top 5 delegate benefits
By attending this course, you’ll be able to:
- Understand your own responsibilities for fire safety
- Identify and report on fire hazards
- Assess workplace fire risks
- Evacuate effectively in an emergency
- Identify equipment for fire fighting.
Book on to a course
We’re currently working to improve the booking experience for IOSH courses. Here’s a few tips to help you in the meantime:
The course calendar lists all open access courses which you can book on to by emailing the training provider or visiting their website. If you need to search by location please use the reset button and the location function will appear.
The trainer directory includes a list of all our training providers, you can get in touch with them to book training in your business if you have multiple people you want to train.
If you can’t find what you’re looking for, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire about the course or ask any questions. Our team will be happy to help!
|Book on to a course||Find a training provider|
Are you a training provider?
If you want to become a registered IOSH training provider, we have created a four-step guide to help you get licensed to deliver courses. You will receive continued support with trainer resources, FAQs and for any further enquiries please email us at email@example.com.
Our Working Safely course is recognised by CSCS as an equivalent to a Level 1 Award in Health and Safety in a Construction Environment (face-to-face courses only)