Why work for IOSH?
We are an organisation with a strong social purpose – to improve the world of work! We employ approximately 200 dedicated, like-minded individuals, who are supported and enabled to bring their best selves to work, to deliver exceptional outcomes.
What's it like working for IOSH?
Our head office is just a short journey south of Leicester city centre. It’s a friendly neighbourhood close to shops and places to eat, and our modern offices are tucked away in their own grounds surrounded by lawns and trees.
We’re proud to say that our employee engagement score has remained over 88% for two years running. We actively listen to colleague’s feedback, value their contributions and take action where necessary. We are committed to continually improve as an employer and remaining an employer of choice.
What did employees say?
- 93% of colleagues enjoy and are proud to work here
- 95% say that their job provides them with flexibility for a positive work/life balance
- 96% agree that their manager values their contribution
Values and behaviours
Our shared belief in IOSH’s values; Flexibility, Excellence, Integrity and One IOSH, is what brings us together. We live and breathe our values and we’re looking for talented individuals who are passionate and share our ethos.
By offering flexibility, we help our colleagues to create a work-life balance that’s right for them. In turn it helps us attract the talented individuals we need, wherever they are based. It’s a win-win!
We embrace smarter working, which provides our colleagues with the opportunity to agree when and where they will work - whether that’s from our office, from home, or a mix of the two. Wherever you are based, we’ll provide you with up-to-date IT equipment to keep you connected and ensure you can make an impact from day one!
Diversity and inclusion
We recognise that our workforce is strengthened by diversity and we are continuing our journey to embed equality, diversity and inclusion in everything we do. Our long-term commitment and investment to progress and drive diversity and inclusion throughout our workforce and membership is top of our agenda.
We value and celebrate difference, encouraging applications from individuals from a variety of backgrounds, to bring new perspectives, ideas and knowledge.
What benefits will you get from IOSH?
- Hybrid/Flexible working – hybrid and remote working opportunities available with flexibility around working hours.
- Performance Related Pay - opportunity to increase your pay annually based on performance in role.
- Discretionary bonus scheme – annual bonus, based upon your performance, subject to IOSH achieving its financial targets.
- Annual Leave – 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays, increasing after 3 years of service.
- Life Assurance – four times your salary if you die whilst employed at IOSH.
- Employee Assistance Programme - confidential EAP support service that you and your family members can access 24 hours a day.
- Pension Scheme - 5% employer contribution when you contribute a minimum of 3% through salary sacrifice.
- Private Healthcare - private medical scheme at IOSH’s expense. Partners and dependants may be covered for an additional cost.
- Cash Plan - supports you to claim healthcare, dental and other costs.
- Healthcare Trading Scheme - buy up to 5 days and sell up to 3 days annual leave.
- Professional Memberships - IOSH will pay for membership of a relevant professional organisation if it is a requirement for your role.
- Car Lease Scheme – the option of leasing a new vehicle through salary sacrifice.
- Salary Extras - platform with discounts on lifestyle benefits.
- Free on-site Parking