Enter the world of OSH with full support from the community
Are you new to the occupational safety and health (OSH) profession? You’re in safe hands with us!
When entering the world of OSH, we want you to feel supported and empowered so our Future Leaders Community is dedicated to new and aspiring professionals. With a growing community of nearly 7,400 Future Leaders, you won’t be short of knowledge, experience and support.
What's available in the community?
- IOSH Future Leaders Community LinkedIn Group – connect with fellow OSH professionals and utilise the professional and career development resources that are shared in the network.
- Upcoming tailor-made events – attend free events run by the Future Leaders Steering Group and industry leaders to expand your knowledge.
- Past tailor-made event recordings - catch up on past webinars run by the Future Leaders Steering Group and industry leaders to expand your knowledge.
- Advice and personal experiences from our Future Leaders – our Future Leaders bring you new and interesting insights on a regular basis including opinion pieces and guidance
- IOSH Magazine - read monthly interviews from the Future Leaders Community in the dedicated section of the IOSH Magazine.
If you’re an IOSH Member and you’re in the Student Membership category, OR 35 years or under, OR have five or fewer years’ OSH experience, you’ll automatically be part of the Future Leaders Community. Not a member yet? Kick-start your IOSH journey today.
How can members of the Future Leaders Community (FLC) contribute or get involved?
- Join a Group or Branch committee to be a representative of the FLC and influence what members receive. Click here for more information about volunteering opportunities.
- Ask to contribute at a Group, Branch or Future Leaders event to support your fellow future leaders. For example, perhaps you’d like to take part in a panel discussion on a specific topic, or would like to share your OSH journey?
- Attend IOSH events to meet new people from a range of industries and countries, and build connections for future opportunities.
- Join the Future Leaders LinkedIn group to connect, grow your network, and exchange knowledge.
- Join a Group or Branch to connect with like-minded OSH professionals. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to add to your member profile and be the first to hear about their meetings and events.
- Share your personal OSH journey, experience, opinion or advice for an opportunity to be published on the IOSH website or in IOSH magazine. Email email@example.com
- Do you have suggestions to share about topics or resources you’d like to receive as a future leader? Email your ideas to the Future Leaders Steering Group at firstname.lastname@example.org
New to the health and safety industry?
Members of the IOSH Future Leaders Community are posing a range of quick-fire questions with the Chairs and Vice Chairs of our industry-specific Group committees, to help new and aspiring OSH professionals gain an insight into a variety of industries. Watch them here:
Future Leaders Virtual Conference 2022: Shaping the skills of the future OSH professional
IOSH’s third Future Leaders conference took place on 29-31 March 2022. Including a huge range of speakers, interactive sessions and networking opportunities, tailored to support OSH professionals who are new or early on in their careers.
Future Leaders Virtual Conference 2021: Steering towards a brighter tomorrow
IOSH’s second Future Leaders Conference was held from 16-18 March and brought together early career OSH professionals to hear from industry experts and learn from each other through sharing knowledge and expertise.
Future Leaders Conference 2019: Enhance your potential
The first of IOSH’s Future Leaders Conference too place on 05 November 2019, designed especially for early OSH career professionals, including presentations, workshops and panel discussions.