The Fire Risk Management Section (FRMS) provides a forum for exchanging ideas and experiences across a wide cross-section of stakeholders in the fire sector and facilitates networking among professionals.
Our aims are to:
- raise the profile of IOSH through the FRMS by encouraging fire sector professionals to come together and share experiences
- increase the membership
- provide support to the Ireland Branch, to members and/or affiliates
- provide articles for publication on the IOSH website and to promote the FRMSS through information and/or articles in SHP, Health and Safety Review, and other Fire publications
- respond to relevant consultative documents as and when required
- harness the committee's multidisciplinary expertise for the benefit of our members
- be vigilant in relation to developments in fire risk management
- develop links with Fire Services, the Chief Fire Officers' Association, the Health and Safety Authority, the Institute of Fire Engineers and enforcing authorities
- organise conferences on fire-related topics and networking for attendees that can help members' Continuing Professional Development.
Disclaimer: The information and opinions expressed on this webpage are those of the author and not necessarily those of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH).