Join us in Dundee for an action-packed day
The theme of this year's conference is 'Nurturing positive outcomes for people and the planet'. We will explore the inter-connection between human welfare and environmental sustainability.
A range of health and safety experts will present on how to impact people's lives while promoting the resilience and longevity of our natural world.
When and where?
Date: 09 November 2023
Conference: 08:30 to 16:30 GMT
Awards dinner: 18:00 to 22:00 GMT
Venue: The Apex Hotel, 1 W Victoria Dock Road, Dundee, DD1 3JP
You have the opportunity to:
- connect and collaborate with like-minded professionals from diverse industries
- engage in stimulating conversations, share best practice and forge valuable connections
- and join the dinner to celebrate and acknowledge individuals or teams dedicated to improving occupational health and safety.
The learning opportunities count towards your continuing professional development (CPD) and career development.
IOSH Scotland Awards 2023
Information on awards categories and how to make a nomination now available.
There are separate tickets for the conference and awards dinner. You are welcome to attend just the conference or awards dinner, or can come to both (but will need a ticket for each).
Conference ticket includes morning roll, refreshments and lunch.
- Members: £110 + VAT
- Students (limited places available): £50 + VAT
- Non-members: £165 + VAT
Awards dinner ticket includes a welcome drink, three-course dinner with half a bottle of wine.
- Members and non-members: £60 + VAT
- Student (limited places available): £30 + VAT
- Table of 10: £540 + VAT
Hotel discount: For delegates wishing to enjoy an overnight stay at the Apex Hotel, you can receive 10% off your room rate with the code IOSH2023. Enter this code at the checkout when booking your room on the Apex website
The full programme will be available soon but here's a taste of what to expect:
- Conference Host: Mel Sherwood – Conference speaker, actor, presenter and singer
- After dinner awards speaker: John Hotowka – Business Speaker
Conference speakers to include:
- Keynote speaker: Professor Tim Marsh, Managing Director, Anker & March - Improving safety leadership and culture in business
- Keynote speaker: Gemma Roe, start-up entrepreneur and inspirational start-up coach - The Ripple Effect - Grassroots innovation for a global impact
- Motivational speaker: Michelle Mills- Porter – Magnificence of humanity
- Keynote speakers: Lawrence Webb and Peter Bonfield, IOSH Presidential Team – IOSH Strategy Activate 2028
- Duncan Aspin, Health & Safety Director, VolkinStevin - Modernising behavioural safety; journey to change
- Kevin Clancy, Partner, Shepherd & Wedderburn - Health and safety legal update
- Andy Cathro and Gregor McGhee, Retired H&S Officer & QHSE Manager, LOcHER Project - Encouraging a positive health and safety culture in our future generations.
- Duncan Simpson, Self employed Fellow at CIWM, Switch - The importance of health, safety, education, training and competence in the resource and waste sector
- Jim Mann, Managing Director, Crisis Management Advisory Ltd - Behavioural considerations in emergency planning and response
- Police Scotland – Your safety matters
- Charlotte Langley, IOSH – Young people and education in OSH panel discussion
Supporters and sponsors
If you're interested in sponsoring this event, please view our partnership packages, which start at £200.