Anyone aged 16 or above can apply and no experience is required. Working towards or already achieved GCSE grades C or above in Maths and English are required and a knowledge of commonly used computer applications is recommended for the academic elements.
This apprenticeship is equivalent to two A-levels and takes 18-24 months to complete. Following a full 24 month journey, IOSH technical membership will be achieved. View the full specification.
The first 300 SHE apprentices to apply for IOSH Student Membership will get their membership for free.
What you will learn
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- contribute effectively, adapting to the audience to present information or training in an assertive, engaging way
- work with others well in a team and lead by example in a collaborative way
- assist in the development, management, implementation and monitoring of the Safety, Health and Environmental Management System by updating systems in line with changes in legislation or best practice
- Assist and/or manage the investigation of accidents, incidents, dangerous occurrences, near misses and other incidents as directed
- plan and have systems in place to manage change during an activity relevant to the working environment.
Whilst any entry requirements will be a matter for individual employers, typically an apprentice might be expected to have achieved or be working towards 5 GCSE's A* - C including English and Maths as well as having knowledge to level 1 equivalent for commonly used office computer applications.
How you will be assessed
Assessment activities will be completed in the following order:
- Assessment of knowledge through an exam using multiple choice and short answer questions.
- Testing of knowledge, skills and behaviours evidenced in a work project with a presentation and a question and answer session.
- Professional discussion based around a portfolio of work to assess overall achievement of the knowledge, skills and behaviours across the standard.
The apprenticeship will typically last 24 months.
Apprentices without level 2 English and Maths and level 1 equivalent ICT will need to achieve this level prior to taking the end-point assessment.
Link to Professional Registration
This apprenticeship is equivalent to two A-levels and takes 18-24 months to complete. Following a full 24 month journey, IOSH technical membership will be achieved.
This apprenticeship will be level 3.