Every worker needs an understanding of their safety and health responsibilities
Consider the shocking fact that 60,000 people worldwide die on construction sites every year and there are 475 work-related accidents a minute. Hardly surprising, then, that accidents, illness and deaths cost business over £2 trillion annually.
IOSH’s globally-delivered, one-day, face-to-face Safety, Health and Environment for Construction Workers course provides essential knowledge for anyone who is involved in construction activities. It’s suitable for any geographical location and for any size of organisation.
The course provides the core knowledge your workers need to stay safe and embeds the good understanding and techniques needed to keep others safe too. Keeping your business healthy and safe with an effective training programme will enable you to reduce the cost of accidents and illness by up to 40 per cent.
We have ensured that the practical, jargon-free nature of the course will meet the needs of every learner.
This course has been approved by CITB and Build UK, which means our courses are aligned to the Build UK Training Standard and employers can access the CITB levy.
CSCS approval means that the course will equip delegates with the knowledge and skills required to be eligible to apply for the Green Labourer card - allowing them to work on construction sites in entry-level positions.
IOSH has recently been informed by the Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) that IOSH Working Safely will no longer be eligible for the Green Labourer card and that current eligibility will cease on 31 March 2020. However our Safety, Health and Environment for Construction Workers course is now approved.
Who the course is for
Anyone who works on or around a construction site or has cause to visit the site in the course of their work.
Remember, it is your responsibility to provide your staff with the training to ensure your site is fully compliant with safety, health and environmental regulations.
What the course covers
- Health and safety issues to be managed in the construction industry to protect employees, contractors, neighbours and others
- The basics of local law
- The importance of risk assessments and method statements and the development process
- Site requirements for the welfare of construction workers on site
- Hazards and controls associated with construction sites and activities including working at height and confined spaces
- Site environmental management including management of waste and ecology
What employers will get
- Globally-recognised and respected certificated training for their workers
- Peace of mind offered by training that’s designed and quality-assured by the Chartered body for safety and health professionals
- A course that can be delivered in time-slots that suit the business
- Fewer hours lost due to sickness and accidents, resulting in greater productivity
- Improved, company-wide safety awareness culture and appreciation for safety measures
- Proactive staff involvement to improve the workplace
- Enhanced reputation within the supply chain
You can contact email@example.com to enquire about the course.