Responsible leaders recognise the importance of safety and health, and you can learn its true value in just five hours.
Leading Safely covers precisely what you need to know to improve productivity, increase profits, enhance corporate reputation and strengthen your brand. Leading from the front with enhanced safety and health practices could be the best investment you make. Corporate Governance is a stepping stone to this course.
Who the course is for
- Anyone in a senior management or leadership role.
Why it works
- Short duration of five hours to sync with your busy schedule
- Designed in collaboration with business leaders to deliver content that adds real value
- Flexible format to fit your needs - four contact hours face-to-face learning, supported by pre-course online content and an optional e-learning module
- Delegates benchmark their priorities against global models of safety
- No qualification - a strategic session fitting for leaders and decision makers in business.
- Health and Safety presented in a business context, unique business-first approach.
- Relevant case studies chosen to match your needs and sector
- Support before, during and after the course through the dedicated IOSH for Leaders app
What to expect
- Recognising the value of strategic safety and health and its integration into business management systems and performance management systems
- Understanding your safety and health responsibilities
- Appreciating the consequences of poor safety and health
- Planning the overall direction for safety and health in your organisation
- Understanding the importance of adequately resourcing your safety and health management system
- Knowing why you should monitor and review your safety and health performance
Top 5 business benefits
- Reduce accident rates, absence and sick leave
- Increased productivity and profits
- Improved reputation among suppliers, clients and partners
- Reduced insurance premiums and legal costs
- Better business continuity
Top 5 delegate benefits
- Sharpens your skill-set and makes you a more effective leader
- Creates understanding of good practice from around the world
- Enables bench-marking of your performance against others
- Shapes your safety and health vision
- Identifying steps to achieve your safety and health ambitions
What do people say about Leading Safely?
|"Leading Safely seemed like an obvious final step for all of us at senior level because it made us fully appreciate our responsibilities."|
Sarah Kench, Joint Managing Director, Twinfix. Read the full case study.
|"The benefits of the Leading Safely course were immediate. We quickly built up a list of leading safety indicators and each course participant demonstrated positive safety leadership. This has led to visible leadership being displayed by our most senior executives. So the overall result is a top-down improvement of the safety culture within our company."|
Keith Scott, Head of Health, Safety and Security, Almarai. Read the full case study.
Book on to a course
We’re currently working to improve the booking experience for IOSH courses. Here’s a few tips to help you in the meantime:
The course calendar lists all open access courses which you can book on to by emailing the training provider or visiting their website. If you need to search by location please use the reset button and the location function will appear.
The trainer directory includes a list of all our training providers, you can get in touch with them to book training in your business if you have multiple people you want to train.
If you can’t find what you’re looking for, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire about the course or ask any questions. Our team will be happy to help!
Are you a training provider?
If you want to become a registered IOSH training provider, we have created a four-step guide to help you get licensed to deliver courses. You will receive continued support with trainer resources, FAQs and for any further enquiries please email us at email@example.com.