The aim and objectives of this session are to improve the delegates understanding of what drives people and how to improve the quality of pre-incident and post-incident investigations.
This is an introductory course to a range of ideas presented by human factors specialists and organizational (sic) psychologists.
- 14 January 2020
- £70 for members and non-members
How to book
Please call +44 (0) 116 2573100 to book on to any of our CPD courses.
Delegates will understand:
- Human Factors techniques for better conversations
- Using a behavioural model (Michie et al.’s COM-B)
- Taking actions
There will be three parts to the session and a conclusion:
Part one: Reactive investigation
- An example investigation
- Challenges in understanding behaviours
- Using COM-B
- Developing a fair and just culture
Part two: Taking a proactive approach
- What are the challenges?
- Early intervention
- Asking the “right” questions
Part three: Inquisitive inquiry
- Work as imagined versus work as lived
- An example and why it matters
Part four: Conclusion