It is likely that your business will be obligated under the Act if it fulfils the following four conditions:
- It is a commercial organisation
- It has a global turnover of over £36mn
- It carries on a business, or part of a business, in any part of the United Kingdom;
- It supplies goods or services.
Voluntary compliance: the guidance encourages organisations with turnovers less than the threshold of £36m also to produce a Transparency Statement. Businesses are also encouraged to be transparent about recruitment practices, their anti-slavery policies and are enjoined to take steps proportionate to their business sector, their size and their operational reach.
Is your organisation compliant with Modern Slavery Statement and contain the steps an organisation has taken to prevent modern slavery in its supply chains and own business? Are your policies and procedures updated? Have the relevant staff members received training?
- Understand the different forms of Modern Day Slavery
- Understand the Government Strategy and legal framework for Modern Day Slavery Act 2015
- Learn how & why victims become involved in slavery
- Explore where victims could be located & identify the signs/risk indicators of how victims may present
- Gain the tools for assessing and managing risk / preparing Modern Slavery Statement / Responding to an incident of modern slavery
- Understand the National Referral Mechanism (NRM)
What's in it for you?
All IOSH CPD courses will count toward CPD compliance. Reflective statement forms are provided in order for key messages and learnings to be documented and recorded.
Who should attend?
Those interested in CPD aimed at Core Skills.
What you need to know
Venue – Leicester
Lunch – Included
Maximum Course Size – 14 or maybe 16, room size dependant
Pre-requisites – None
Dates and location
IOSH members price
|18 July 2020 - The Edge Café, 351 Mill Road, Cambridge CB1 3DF||£245 + VAT||£295 + VAT|
|8 December 2020 - Leicester||£245 + VAT||£295 + VAT|
To book your place, please click the link above to download the booking form. Alternatively, for further information or bookings support, please contact the Bookings team on +44 (0)116 2573197, or via email@example.com.