Following training, delegates will have a good working knowledge of the theory and practice of carrying out assessment techniques and control strategies, arising from the use of substances in their workplace, as required by the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations.
On completion, delegates will have sufficient basic knowledge of the practice and theory of CoSHH Management to enable them to:
- Understand the supply requirements for Substances that are Hazardous to Health
- Carry out CoSHH assessments
- Select and implement effective risk reduction strategies
- Plan Local Exhaust Ventilation testing programmes
- Integrate Health Surveillance programmes within the assessment system
- Outline programmes for exposure monitoring
- Recognise when referral to a specialist may be required
What's in it for you?
All IOSH CPD courses will count toward CPD compliance. Reflective statement forms are provided in order for key messages and learnings to be documented and recorded.
Who should attend?
Those interested in CPD aimed at Core Skills
What you need to know
Pre-requisites – None
Book onto this course to upskill in Risk Management and Health and Safety Law, two areas from our competency framework.
There are currently no live dates for CPD courses, virtual dates will be added over the coming weeks where applicable, so please keep an eye out.