The aims and objectives of this session are to provide a practical understanding of the main Health, Safety and Wellbeing (HSW) accountabilities of senior managers; the explore how to discharge those accountabilities and to understand how to identify what senior managers need additional support.
The course will be presented by HSW experts, who support organisations in improving HSW performance through consultancy, audit and training. The course has been delivered virtually for a range of organisations who are ensuring their senior teams remain informed and engaged during the pandemic.
Delegates will learn:
- Why we need a management system for HSW risks
- What drives behaviours and the role of senior managers in supporting those behaviours
- HSW responsibilities (the Law)
There will be three parts to the session and a conclusion.
Part one: Management of incidents
- What is great about HSW
- Why do incidents occur?
- The roles of senior managers
- What good looks like
Part two: Behaviours and senior managers
- How we are influenced by those around us
- The COM-B model
- The critical role of senior managers
Part three: HSW responsibilities
- Defining the employer
- Managing risk
- Corporate accountability
- Civil claims
Part four: Conclusions