This practical course will provide Supervisors; Team Leaders; 1st Line Managers and H&S representative with:
- An understanding of everyday safety practice
- A constructive forum for learning practical safety skills, tools and techniques
- The ability to play an effective role in the promotion and maintenance of a positive safety culture within their area of influence
Delegates will be able to apply the tools and techniques to drive health, safety and wellbeing (HSW) performance at the coalface. Based on training tens of thousands of delegates across some of the largest companies in the UK and Ireland, this course is designed to engage with people who can really make a difference in delivering HSW. The course explores critical ways in which HSW can be improved. It allows delegates to explore core values for HSW; the legal principles that underpin HSW; the importance of understanding, identifying and communicating HSW risk; risk assessment; controls and monitoring; how to understand and influence HSW behaviours; the importance of safe systems of work (and similar) & behaviour change; reactive safety; and how to be a leader at the coal face.
Delegates will be:
- Provided with tools that they can apply in their workplaces to drive HSW performance
- Able to evaluate the behaviour of their colleagues and apply a Just Culture model to determining how to improve HSW performance
- Provided with techniques to apply to quality assuring and improving the management of HSW risk
- Able to apply simple risk communications techniques, to support HSW risk management
What's in it for you?
If you are involved in supporting your organisation in getting better at HSW management, as a supervisor, team leader, 1st line manager or H&S representative, then this course will provide you with the tools and techniques to drive HSW performance. You will be able to analyse why people behave in certain ways; support the risk management process through the application of practical tools and participate in accident investigation.
What you need to know
Venue – Loughborough or London
Lunch – we will provide
Maximum Course Size – 15
Pre-requisites – None
Book onto this course to upskill in Personal Performance, an area from our competency framework.
Dates and location
IOSH members price
|8-9 June 2020 - Leicester||£435 + VAT||£485 + VAT|
|12-13 Oct 2020 - Leicester||£435 + VAT||£485 + VAT|
To book your place, please click the link above to download the booking form. Alternatively, for further information or bookings support, please contact the Bookings team on +44 (0)116 2573197, or via firstname.lastname@example.org.