Many in the Health and Safety profession are technically excellent but lack some of the skills necessary to manage themselves or influence their peers or directors. This one-day course is designed to enhance your leadership skills to manage yourself, prioritise your workload, be more commercially astute and, most importantly, influence your peers and directors effectively. It focuses on many of the elements detailed in the Core (Strategy development, stakeholder management, influencing, business context, financial management, decision making, visible leadership) and Behavioural (negotiating, prioritising, self-motivation and discipline, communication, commercial mindset) categories within the IOSH Competency Framework.
- Understand why organisations exist and the importance of business risk management so that you can be more effective in selling the value of your function
- Become more effective in managing yourself and getting things done through others
- Be able to priorities your workload and effectively communicate key messages to others
- Understand who your stakeholders are and better influence them
- Better understand yourself and set goals and aspirations
What's in it for you?
The course is designed for any Health, Safety Quality or Environmental Manager and others in an organisation that have specific duties and responsibilities for workplace health & safety risk management, control and improvement. You will acquire new skills to help you better manage yourself and be more effective at getting things done through others.
Who should attend?
The course is designed for any Health, Safety Quality or Environmental Manager / consultant and others in an organisation that have specific duties and responsibilities for workplace health & safety risk management, control and improvement.
- Thursday 27 January 2022
- Thursday 24 March 2022
- £265 for members (excluding VAT)
- £315 for non-members (excluding VAT)