Understanding health and safety risks in design is a key element of CDM and the pre-planning phase that ensures those responsible for work in the construction phase, the ‘end user’ client operations team, maintenance team and all those who may be affected by initial design are considered and measure introduced to minimise risks.
This course assists those who have the responsibility for the design of buildings and elements of the construction to undertake such designs with due consideration of the health and safety risks associated with their designs. Analysing design risks is a key element of the programme, together with understanding the alternative designs that will reduce risk to those involved ‘post design’.
The need to provide health and safety documentation regarding the design for the client will also be discussed, particularly given the changes of providing such information, post ‘Grenfell’ contained within the ‘Building a Safer Future’ report.
This programme will enable those attending to have an understanding of the practical application of the process of designing with health and safety in mind.
With the ever-changing requirements of legislation following significant incidents, this is a must attend programme for all those who have health and safety duties in design.
- Understand the key requirements of current safety legislation and guidance
- Analyse the role of the Designer in relation to health and safety
- Apply the principles of Risk Analysis at initial design stage
- Create a package of information that should be included for the Pre-Construction phase documentation
- Apply practical examples of design risk management
- Analyse and create the health & safety information that should be included in the Health and Safety File
- Understand the implications for failing to design with health & safety in mind.
What's in it for you?
All IOSH CPD courses will count toward CPD compliance. Reflective statement forms are provided for key messages and learnings to be documented and recorded.
Who should attend?
- Those interested in CPD aimed at Management Education
- Designers, Design Team Members, Principal Designers, Design Managers, and all those involved in design.
- Clients and Clients representatives involved with the selection of the Design Team and Safety Advisors requiring an overview of Health & Safety in Design.
What you need to know
Book onto this course to upskill in Risk Management and Sustainability, two areas from our competency framework.
- Thursday 16 December 2021
- Tuesday 22 February 2022
- £225 for members (excluding VAT)
- £275 for non-members (excluding VAT)