Understanding health and safety risks in design is a key element of CDM and the pre-planning phase that ensures those responsible for work in the construction phase, the ‘end user’ client operations team, maintenance team and all those who may be affected by initial design are considered and measure introduced to minimise risks.
This course assists those who have the responsibility for the design of buildings and elements of the construction to undertake such designs with due consideration of the health and safety risks associated with their designs. Analysing design risks is a key element of the programme, together with understanding the alternative designs that will reduce risk to those involved ‘post design’.
The need to provide health and safety documentation regarding the design for the client will also be discussed, particularly given the changes of providing such information, post ‘Grenfell’ contained within the ‘Building a Safer Future’ report.
This programme will enable those attending to have an understanding of the practical application of the process of designing with health and safety in mind.
With the ever-changing requirements of legislation following significant incidents, this is a must attend programme for all those who have health and safety duties in design.
- Understand the key requirements of current safety legislation and guidance
- Analyse the role of the Designer in relation to health and safety
- Apply the principles of Risk Analysis at initial design stage
- Create a package of information that should be included for the Pre-Construction phase documentation
- Apply practical examples of design risk management
- Analyse and create the health & safety information that should be included in the Health and Safety File
- Understand the implications for failing to design with health & safety in mind.
What's in it for you?
All IOSH CPD courses will count toward CPD compliance. Reflective statement forms are provided for key messages and learnings to be documented and recorded.
Who should attend?
- Those interested in CPD aimed at Management Education
- Designers, Design Team Members, Principal Designers, Design Managers, and all those involved in design.
- Clients and Clients representatives involved with the selection of the Design Team and Safety Advisors requiring an overview of Health & Safety in Design.
What you need to know
Venue – IOSH Grange
Lunch – yes
Course Duration – (Days) 1
Maximum Course Size – 15
Minimum Course Size - 8
Pre-requisites – an understanding of the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations, ideally have attended the IOSH CPD programme - CDM understanding the Regulations
Book onto this course to upskill in Risk Management and Sustainability, two areas from our competency framework.
Dates and location
IOSH members price
|09 September 2020 - Leicester||£295 + VAT||£345 + VAT|
To book your place, please click the link above to download the booking form. Alternatively, for further information or bookings support, please contact the Bookings team on +44 (0)116 2573197, or via firstname.lastname@example.org.