The Branch Treasurer will work alongside the Chair and Regional Manager to prepare and submit the annual branch budget; to update the committee about branch financial matters, as appropriate; and to manage, record and maintain branch income and expenditure in line with IOSH policy and guidance.
The Treasurer liaises with Committee Members, IOSH Staff and network members.
The Treasurer’s term of office is for one year, they are then eligible for re-election. The Treasurer may be in any IOSH membership category.
Key responsibilities are:
- A Branch Treasurer is an ex-officio member of any district committees.
- To administer the branch finances, maintaining suitable income and expenditure accounts to show and explain all branch transactions.
- Working with the committee, ensure that expenditure incurred by the branch is at all times ‘in pursuance of the Institution’s objectives’ as laid down in the Royal Charter.
- Approve committee members’ expenses incurred in the course of their duties, within one month of submission and forward to head office for payment.
- Reconcile the branch bank account monthly report sent from head office with the branch income and expenditure records.
- Prepare and submit to IOSH, via your Regional Manager, an annual budget showing the financial requirements of the branch to enable activities for the membership to be provided.
- To present a brief summary of the financial status of the branch at each committee meeting.
- Present the end of year branch accounts at the branch’s Annual General Meeting (AGM).