The role of a Branch Secretary is to co-ordinate the Network administration and maintain all relevant documentation, records and correspondence.
The Secretary liaises with Committee Members, IOSH staff, network members and external stakeholders.
The Secretary's term of office is for one year, they are then eligible for re-election. The Secretary may be in any IOSH membership category.
Key responsibilities are:
- Co-ordinate, file and maintain branch documents and records, including details of the committee and other key contacts.
- Correctly follow the process for AGM nomination forms and meeting agenda.
- Arrange meetings and notify committee members and their Regional Manager with the details.
- Attend committee meetings, take minutes and record the minutes in a suitable format.
- To ensure the Regional Manager is informed about changes to committee members’ details.
- To act as a representative of the branch on matters agreed by the committee.
- Organise and maintain attendance records for each branch meeting.
- Ensure any relevant correspondence from IOSH staff received by other committee members is brought to the committee’s attention at meetings.
- Work with the Chair to prepare and communicate agendas and meeting notes/minutes for committee and statutory branch meetings in a timely manner.
- Provide a copy of the committee meeting minutes to the relevant IOSH staff.
- Manage correspondence with IOSH staff, branch members and others as necessary, keeping committee members informed where appropriate.
- Liaise with officers in other Networks with regard to Network affairs.