The driving force behind our branches, districts and groups
Network committees are the driving force behind our branches, districts and groups. IOSH has 18 industry specific groups and over 40 branches, districts and sections, so there are lots of ways you can get involved as a volunteer within our networks.
By volunteering on a Network committee you will be supporting other members and promoting IOSH’s vision of a safer and healthier world of work. It can also help you learn new skills, make professional contacts and work towards your continuing professional development.
Other ways to contribute
If you don't have the time to be a full committee member, you may be able to support in other ways:
- Offer to speak at events. Could you share a good practice example or deliver a presentation on a specialist subject?
- Tell your branch or group about interesting topical events they could get involved with
- Contribute to one-off projects or events
- Let your committee know if you have expertise in a certain area, they may call on you to help respond to member queries on that topic
- Help establish links with other branches, districts and groups
- Members of other membership bodies can act as co-opted members to help establish links and share good practice
- Champion IOSH and your branch or group on social media. We are active on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, and all of our branches and groups have their own Twitter page. Get involved with discussions and share resources or news items.