IOSH develops policy positions through research and by consulting our members, who understand the issues that affect people’s safety, health and wellbeing in the workplace.
As the Chartered body for our profession, IOSH is a leading voice on the issues affecting the safety, health and wellbeing of people at work across industry sectors and around the world. Through research and in consultation with our members, we develop policy positions that inform our influencing activity.
Here are our policy positions on a range of health and safety issues:
- IOSH Position on Vaccination in the Workplace
- IOSH rehabilitation, return to work and inclusivity policy position
- IOSH fatal occupational injuries policy position
- IOSH work-related musculoskeletal disorders policy position
- IOSH Covid-19 policy position
- IOSH asbestos policy position
- IOSH OSH performance reporting policy position
- IOSH sustainability and OSH policy position
- IOSH management of ORR policy position
- IOSH older workers policy position
- IOSH OSH education policy position
- IOSH OSH training policy position
- IOSH Brexit policy position
IOSH COVID-19 policy position
During times of major challenge and crisis such as COVID-19, occupational safety and health (OSH) professionals have important roles in helping organisations and governments to protect lives and manage OSH and wellbeing risks, business continuity and sustainability. They work throughout all sectors and for organisations of all sizes and types across the globe and IOSH actively supports this.