About this consultation
The Green Paper asks for comment on a range of areas specifically within the occupational health and safety agenda, including:
- The evidence for the link between work and good health
- How to make the business case with employers around creating and maintaining healthy workplaces for the benefit of their employees and their businesses.
- Development of information campaigns on key topics around occupational health and safety to help employers’ access existing information and adopt good practice
- The management of sickness absence
- The management of employees returning to work after periods of absence
- Improving discussions around fitness for work and sickness certification
- The role of the workplace in promoting healthy lifestyles
- How to support small and medium sized businesses.
The Green Paper launches a discussion around how disabled people and people with long-term health conditions can be supported to get into, and to stay in, work.
The Green Paper proposes to:
Enable disabled people and people with health conditions to get into work.
Bring a new focus to efforts to prevent health conditions from developing and worsening, helping more people to remain in work for longer.
IOSH responded to the Green Paper on those areas within the occupational health and safety remit. We asked members to send us their views for consideration as part of an IOSH submission.