We have around 1,350 members interested in the professional aspects of health and safety management.
Our branch focus is on networking and sharing information through regular meetings and lectures, usually held at the University of Reading on the third Monday of each month between September and the following June.
Our members live and work within the broader Thames Valley. Some come from as far afield as Oxford, Newbury, West London and Hertfordshire, although most are based along the traditional Thames Valley corridor in the Windsor, Maidenhead, Henley and Reading areas.
We aim to:
- provide members with CPD opportunities via an interesting and topical selection of guest speakers at monthly meetings
- help members with IPD and their ascent up the membership structure via our mentoring scheme
- provide members with the opportunity to network professionally and socially
- attract new members to the branch and promote IOSH in the wider community via prizes and competitions, seminars and in the local media
- encourage our members to develop their career prospects by achieving Chartered Membership of IOSH through mentoring.