The branch aims are to:
- promote and support the aims and objectives of IOSH
- provide members with CPD opportunities via an interesting and topical selection of speakers at monthly meetings
- help members with the opportunity to network professionally and socially
- attract new members to the branch and promote IOSH in the wider community via, seminars, local media and developing the branch network pages
- encourage continuous health and safety improvement by providing access to guidance from suitably qualified, experienced and competent safety practitioners
- promote within the branch, the health and safety of people while at work, and the people who may be affected by work being carried out
- develop relationships with government and non government agencies and organisations, which share a common interest in the provision of safe workplaces
- promote cross learning and develop global awareness of current health, safety and environmental issues and developments in the Scotland.
The branch objectives are to:
- formulate the mechanism that will allow constructive discussion and learning about varied topical areas of interest to health, safety and environmental professionals who are members of the branch
- provide a forum for members to access Continual Professional Development (CPD) activities
- devise an effective means of communication that will allow branch members to stay up to date with branch activities
- give senior professionals the opportunity to pass on their knowledge and experience and help the development of the newer members of the profession.