"To be the premier advocate of health and safety at work in the Caribbean"
As the regional body of IOSH our mission is to:
- be the definitive voice of health and safety at work and provide consultation on health and safety issues
- support Caribbean institutions in achieving IOSH accreditation for their respective health and safety programs
- advance high standards for the health and safety practitioner
- champion pragmatic risk management based on professional advice
- be a resource for health and safety competency development
- support our members to be advocates of health and safety in our communities.
The aims of the IOSH Caribbean Branch are to:
- promote and support the aims and objectives of IOSH
- encourage continuous health and safety improvement in the Caribbean by providing access to guidance from suitably qualified, experienced and competent safety practitioners
- promote the health and safety of people at work as a moral obligation
- develop relationships with government and non-government organizations in the Caribbean, who share a common interest in the provision of safe work
- promote awareness of global topical health, safety and environmental issues.
In pursuance of its mission and aims, the IOSH Caribbean Branch objectives are to:
- develop mechanisms that will allow discussion and shared learning on varied and topical HSE issues among health and safety practitioners in the Caribbean
- create opportunities for members to pursue Continual Professional Development
- provide and maintain effective means of communication that will allow members in other Caribbean islands to participate in branch activities in real time
- be recognised as a competent and interested stakeholder for consultation in the development of health and safety legislation in the Caribbean.