IOSH 2017 Annual Conference, Birmingham: "Transforming health and safety across the world"
20-21 November 2017
Our warmest congratulations to our esteemed Chair, Curt Cadet, who received the President's Distinguished Service Award for his outstanding work in the Caribbean Branch (CB) at the IOSH 2017 Annual Conference. This event, themed "Transforming health and safety across the world", was held on 20-21 November 2017 at the International Convention Centre, Birmingham, England.
Curt has been an active member of the IOSH Caribbean Branch since 2007 and has been serving as the Chair of the Branch since 2014.
During his tenure as Chair, the Caribbean Branch has gained recognition, expanded its membership base, and has raised the bar for Occupational Safety and Health Professionals in the Caribbean region.
Some of the accomplishments the Caribbean Branch has experienced under Curt's astute leadership include:
- developing the IOSH CB network pages to keep members updated on CB activities and events
- hosting regular IOSH CB Meetings on topical OSH related issues for members and interested members
- extending the branch's Outreach Programs to include IOSH's No Time To Lose Campaign, hosting booths at SBCS Career Fairs and AMCHAM TT HSSE Conferences
- expanding IOSH CB initiatives which include industry site visits, IPD/CPD workshops, engagement with Chief Inspector, OSH Agency & Chairman, OSH Authority, Trinidad and Tobago; hosting IOSH Blueprint Workshops
- participating in the Ministry of Barbour's National Tripartite Stakeholder Consultation on amendments to the TT OSH Act, Chapter 88:08
- hosting annual IOSH President's visits in the Caribbean (Trinidad and Barbados) to enhance the OSH Profession, meet with major OSH stakeholders and promote the work of IOSH.
It is therefore no surprise that Curt's hard work, dedication and determination was recognized at the IOSH 2017 Annual Conference. Curt is also the first person from the Caribbean region to receive this distinguished and honorary award.
The IOSH CB is proud of this accomplishment and look forward to continuing this progressive work and propelling the branch forward as we work towards IOSH's 2022 strategy!