Your branch or district represents IOSH in your area, providing member benefits, sharing knowledge and leading the local IOSH community. It is supported by a group of dedicated member volunteers who make up the committee.
Branch and district annual general meetings (AGMs) are your opportunity to get involved. We are looking for motivated individuals who can contribute their skills, time and energy to promote occupational safety and health and to support their fellow IOSH members.
Resources for volunteers, including committee roles and responsibilities, can be found by visiting the Volunteer Portal. Please ensure that you read the role description for the role that you are applying for and you understand the commitment that is required of you. If you are applying for multiple roles, please complete separate Nomination Forms for each. We can provide you with an induction and support to help you fulfil your role.
To stand as a committee member, your membership fees must be fully paid-up and, if relevant, you must have updated your CPD record in the past six months. This also applies to members who are proposing and seconding nominees. If you have any questions about your CPD, please contact the Professional Development team on +44 (0)116 257 3200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you do not know a member on the Branch/District/Section Committee, please contact email@example.com. Our team will be able to help you make contact with the relevant members, and can also help with other general enquiries.
Useful links before you apply:
Please avoid using any special characters, such as ( !:/&>') as this may affect the delivery of this form.
To join your branch or district committee, the following must apply to you:
I confirm that:
- My CPD is up to date (relates to Technical, Graduate, Chartered and Chartered Fellow or Retired CMIOSH/FMIOSH categories)
- I understand and will work in line to support the current IOSH strategy
- I will sign and comply with the Volunteer Agreement
- I will attend and actively and positively contribute to Committee meetings and planned activities as required
- I understand my role and the commitment required and that I may be asked to step down if I am unable to fulfil my role as required.