As a member, you have the opportunity to use our online Continuing Professional Development (CPD) programme to develop your career plan and reflect on your learning and work.
CPD is all about your skills, knowledge and expertise and will show employers that you’re serious about keeping these fresh and fit-for-purpose.
The CPD programme is obligatory for all Chartered Fellows, Chartered Members, Graduate and Technical Members, as your professional status is dependent on an up-to-date CPD record. Affiliate and Associate Members are welcome to use the programme to enhance their career, but it is not essential.
How will my CPD work?
- You will create a framework to identify your skills gaps, either technical or personal
- From this framework you will plan activities that will expand your knowledge and experience in the identified gaps
- You will regularly update your CPD with the knowledge and skills learned from the completed activities.
Which types of activities can be included in the CPD programme?
A range of activities can be included when planning your CPD. Some include:
- working on one-off internal projects
- managing budgets
- designing training or learning programmes
- voluntary work in the local community, using your professional skills
We offer an array of resources and guidance to help you upskill, which can be logged on your CPD record:
- The IOSH Magazine will provide you with a range of articles, opinion pieces and news updates on industry best practice and regulatory changes
- The IOSH Career Hub is packed with interactive tools and resources that focus on both business and softer skills to help you get ahead of the competition and secure your next job
- IOSH Mentoring provides you with the opportunity to join a safe, secure platform to connect and build relationships. Join as a mentee to learn from an experienced OSH professional or join as a mentor to support someone new to the profession
- Our CPD courses are a fantastic way to keep your knowledge up to scratch, plus you'll receive discounted prices as an IOSH member
- Our webinars, run by IOSH or our Branch and Group volunteers, cover a wide range of OSH topics and give you the chance to network and ask questions
- Free technical guides are also available to help you upskill in many areas of health and safety.
How will I update my CPD?
When logged into MyIOSH you can update your CPD on the My CPD page. All information is completely secure and none of your personal details are held.
The online programme is designed with a busy practitioner in mind to ensure that updating your CPD is not time-consuming, so more time can be spent on developing as a professional.
For more information about CPD, call us on +44 (0)116 2573239 or email email@example.com.