The IOSH Hazardous Industries Group has over 2500 members, the Group aims to offer a networking and knowledge base for health and safety professionals working in high hazard on-shore oil, gas, petro-chemical, chemical, energy generation and distribution, pharmaceutical, and nuclear industries. It represents the interests of IOSH members so they can converse with like-minded professionals, gain knowledge in the management of personnel and process safety hazards, and further their professional development.
The group recently held a recruitment campaign and have some great new volunteers on the committee, however in order to reflect the diverse range of members and be representative of IOSH we are now looking to recruit two more committee members. If you’d like to make a difference in the industry, your profession, and can honour the required commitment, we’d welcome your application to join us. Please complete the attached form.
Chairman, Joshua Rice is very keen to gain the support of likeminded committed individuals to continue to drive this exciting Group forward. An opportunity to make a difference, have your say, promote and facilitate safety issues, and be involved with your professional body representing hazardous industries across the world. Channel your passion, enthusiasm and commitment through the group and make a rewarding difference.
To join as a committee member, you’ll need to:
- be working in a hazardous industry sector
- have direct experience of involvement in a central governance/committee structure either on a work or voluntary bases
- have experience of delivering value in a professional environment on a paid or voluntary basis
- able to commit your valuable time to attending four committee meetings per year and contributing to the organisation and delivery of projects and events
- be familiar with IOSH’s current strategy.
In return for giving up your time as a volunteer, IOSH will pay reasonable travel expenses.
Please forward your application to email@example.com or send to Networks Dept Admin Team, IOSH, The Grange, Highfield Drive, Wigston, Leicestershire, LE18 1NN, UK.
The closing date is Friday 27 October 2018 and we look forward to receiving your application.