The Construction Industry Advisory Committee (CONIAC) advises HSE and relevant stakeholders of emerging health and safety developments. The Construction Industry Advisory Network (CONIAN), provides a platform within this structure for the construction industry to promote engagement with workers to change behaviours and provides direct participation and involvement of organisations with the direction for managing construction risks.
The IOSH Construction Group represent IOSH and sit on this forum. We have committee members who are:
- The representation of IOSH on CONIAN (Dr. Michael Cash)
- The Chair of the Sharing Our Success Working Group (Kevin Fear)
- A member of the Keeping Pace with Change Working Group (Paul Haxell)
Though regular communications we will endeavour to keep you informed of the progress of these forums through this section of the network pages
CONIAN meeting, 07 December 2017
Michael Cash, Paul Haxell and Kevin Fear attended the introductory meeting of CONIAN in London on the 7th December 2017. The meeting was the first of its kind and used to introduce all members of the steering groups, working groups and advisory network. All presentations delivered can be downloaded as PDFs from the following links:
- Construction Strategy 2025, Fergus Harradence
- The role of CONIAN, Steering Group & Working Groups, Peter Baker
- Importance of Worker Involvement, Gail Cartmail
- Launch of the Risk Profile report*, Science Division.
Working Group (WG) Statements of Intent and Draft Work Plans, WG Chairs:
- Sharing Our Success
- Managing Risk Well
- Supporting Small Employers
- Tackling Ill Health
- Keeping Pace with Change
- HSE Press Release
- CONIAN Launch Event Agenda.
HSE issued a press release regarding the launch which is available on the HSE website.