Airside safety DVD
IOSH AAG launched its Airport Airside Safety induction DVD at the RAF Museum on 30 September 2010.
The AAG commissioned the film to help workers, in particular new or temporary staff, become more ‘risk savvy’ about potential hazards airside.
The Airside Health and Safety Induction video is designed to general safety requirements placed on all those who undertake work airside and to raise awareness of specific safety issues.
The IOSH AAG envisages the DVD will be used for induction and refresher training and can be adapted into a companies own training programme or as a stand alone product. Each company that uses the DVD will need to ensure it fits in with its current training programme.
The DVD covers:
- Hazards and Safety Procedures
- Hazards on the Apron
- Working Around the Aircraft (jets/propellers/helicopters)
- Refuelling Awareness
- Driving Airside Safety Awareness
- Inclement Weather and Low Visibility Awareness
- FOD (Foreign Object Debris)
- Emergency Procedures Awareness
The DVD is designed to be used in conjunction with the free downloadable support booklet.