An exciting opportunity to join the IOSH Aviation and Aerospace Group Committee
The IOSH Aviation and Aerospace group has over 2,500 members located in over 80 countries worldwide and our group aims and objectives are:
To offer professional health and safety guidance and advice to all stakeholders in the aviation and aerospace industry.
Our objectives are to provide group members with:
- Invitations to regular networking events, seminars and site visits.
- Opportunities to volunteer your skills and knowledge to help others.
- The chance to contribute to legal consultations that have a direct impact on your industry.
- Opportunities to join campaigns and projects in your industry.
- Opportunities to network with health and safety professionals in your sector.
- The latest best practice from collaboration with other organisations.
Following the retirement and change in circumstances of existing committee, we are now looking to recruit a number of new members who would like to make a real difference to Health and Safety within the Aviation and Aerospace sector.
The group actively supports diversity and inclusion and is seeking to ensure this is reflected in the membership of the committee and as such, we are looking to recruit new members with a wide range of experience and backgrounds, and would welcome applications from people who have the following skills and experience:
- Working within the Aviation and Aerospace sector whether operationally or within a Health and Safety specific role. We would be particularly interested to hear from these specific areas of the sector:
- Airfield Operations
- Air Traffic Control
- Has experience of dealing with Health and Safety issues, for example, risk assessments, accident investigation, development of safe systems of work or standard operating procedures.
- Is enthusiastic, committed, and able to give up time on a voluntary basis, to assist with the development and implementation of the group objectives and action plan.
- Is a current IOSH member and familiar with the current IOSH strategy.
The closing date for applications is Monday 8th February 2021. Interviews will be held virtually on Tuesday 23rd February 2021.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Rick Phillips - IOSH Aviation and Aerospace Group Committee Chair.