IOSH Highland and Islands Branch represents over 300 members spread across the Highland mainland, the Western Isles, Orkney and Shetland Islands representing a wide variety of industries. Due to the vast area covered by the branch and the travel difficulties for many members trying to attend regular monthly meetings held in Inverness.
The Highlands and Islands Branch collaborates with the other four Scottish branches to run the IOSH Scotland committee. This brings the branches together with the IOSH professional staff, IOSH Council and Board of Trustees, to provide synergy to the work of the branches in promoting IOSH in Scotland and also link in with the Partnership on Health and Safety in Scotland (PHASS) network.
Branch members are encouraged to invite friends and colleagues to the branch meetings. They are also encouraged to circulate details of the branch programme in their place of work.
Our Aims and Objectives
- Promote and support the aims and objectives of IOSH and IOSH Scotland
- Provide members with CPD opportunities through an interesting and topical selection of speakers at monthly meetings
- Help members with the opportunity to network professionally and socially
- Formulate the mechanism that will allow constructive discussion and learning about varied topical areas of interest to health, safety and environmental professionals
- Devise an effective means of communication that will allow branch and district members to stay up to date with branch and district activities
- Give senior professionals the opportunity to pass on their knowledge and experience and help the development of the newer members of the profession.